- Academic Calendar
- General Information
- Admission Information
- Distance Admission Information
- Academic Information
- Academic Support
- Financial Information
- Financial Aid
- Department of Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Mission Statement
- Licensure and Accreditation
- Minor in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (DMS)
- Associate of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Department of Health and Biomedical Sciences
- Department of Nursing
- Department of Occupational Therapy
- Department of Radiologic Sciences
- Course Descriptions
This program is designed as a bachelor’s completion program (61 credits) for the sonographer who has graduated from a regionally accredited institution or who is registered and can meet the prerequisite requirements of the program.
The program will include a total of 61 trimester credit hours: 34 credits of imaging and sonographic sciences courses and 27 credits of general education courses. Students will complete the degree in nine 14-week trimesters. Students must have a minimum of 120 credit hours to be eligible for graduation. Students entering the program without an Associate of Science degree will complete additional credit hours.
Adventist University of Health Sciences collaborates with Embanet-Compass in the delivery of a distance education. Students participate in a virtual community of learners and mentors via online communication channels. The course instructors and facilitators monitor student progress.