Students are considered for readmission to the Occupational Therapy Assistant Program when they meet admission requirements and:
- Submit a Reapplication Form to the Occupational Therapy Assistant Department Chair no later than May 1 for re-entry in the Fall trimester; October 1 for re-entry in the Spring trimester; and March 1 for re-entry in the Summer trimester.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.50.
- Present annual verification of tuberculosis screening. If test is positive, refer to the Communicable Disease Policy in the Student Handbook for additional information. Have updated immunizations, including hepatitis B, a current physical, and proof of health insurance. Verify current certification in professional cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) from the American Heart Association including infant, child, and adult CPR.
- Meet specified requirements as outlined by the Occupational Therapy Assistant Program regarding the individual student.
- Repeat no more than two required courses. No more than one may be an OTA course.
- Readmission is subject to available classroom and clinical space.
If a lapse of time greater than two years occurs in a student’s program of study, prior OTA credits will not be accepted unless the student can validate OTA knowledge through written examination and clinical performance.