All students who are graduating or who will no longer be enrolled at least half-time at FHCHS are required to complete Exit Loan Counseling. Students will need to complete exit loan counseling before receiving their diploma.
Students will be able to meet the requirement by doing Exit Loan Counseling online at www.FHCHS.edu.
Items to be reviewed will include the following:
- Loan repayment obligations and options
- Loan repayment plans
- Option to prepay loans or change repayment plans
- Deferment, forbearance, loan forgiveness, and cancellation conditions
- Information on consolidation
- General description of the types of tax benefits that might be available to borrowers
- Information on how borrowers can use NSLDS to get information on the status of their loans
- Average anticipated monthly repayment
- Debt management strategies
- Keeping the lender informed
- Loan terms and conditions
- Student rights and responsibilities
- Name and address of borrower’s lender
- Consequences of delinquency and default
Student will need to supply:
- Borrower’s expected permanent address
- Name and address of expected employer
- Name and address of borrower’s next of kin
- Borrower’s driver’s license number
Students who fail to complete Exit Loan Counseling will be sent a letter to remind them to complete the counseling online. A record of this mailing will be retained in the student’s file.