The Department of Diagnostic Medical Sonography offers a Diagnostic Medical Sonography (DMS) minor to students enrolled in the Bachelor of Science in Radiologic Sciences. Students interested in enrolling in the minor must:
- Meet the admission requirements
- Complete the Departmental application for the minor in DMS
The successful applicant1 for admission must meet the following requirements:
- Be registered in sonography by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) in AB, OB, VT, and/or AE; the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) in Sonography; or Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) in Cardiac Sonography and/or Vascular Sonography.
- Possess an Associate degree in sonography from a CAAHEP-accredited program that is a regionally accredited institution; or,
- Possess an Associate degree in health sciences from a regionally accredited institution and have a diploma or certificate from a CAAHEP accredited sonography program.
- Achieve a minimum GPA of 2.50 with no grade below a "C" (2.00).
1 Bridge students must successfully complete Phase I prior to applying for the minor in DMS.
To receive a minor in DMS, students must complete the following courses:
|Course Number||Course Name||Credit Hours|
|DDMS 345||Diagnostic Imaging||3|
|DDMS 351||Introduction to Educational Methodology||3|
|DDMS 441||Advanced Topics in Sonography||3|
|DDMS 447||Advanced Sonographic Specialties||3|
|DDMS 497||Research Methods||3|
|DDMS 328||Pathophysiology (4 credit hours)|
|DDMS 335||Fundamentals of Vascular Sonography (4 credit hours)|