The successful applicant for admission to the program must meet the following admission requirements:
- Submit an application and $20 application fee. Applications must be filled out completely and signed by the applicant. Online applicants will sign electronically by clicking the submit button.
- Paperwork received without an application on file will not be processed. Applicant files will not be considered complete until the application fee is paid.
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges1 previously attended. Failure to disclose all colleges previously attended could result in denial or dismissal.
- Achieve a minimum GPA of 2.50.
- Be registered in sonography by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) in AB, OB, VT, and/or AE; the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) in Sonography; or Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) in Cardiac Sonography and/or Vascular Sonography.
- Possess an associate degree in sonography from a CAAHEP accredited program that is a regionally accredited institution; or,
- Possess an associate degree in health sciences from a regionally accredited institution and have a diploma or certificate from a CAAHEP accredited sonography program.
- Submit official transcripts for all College Level Examination Program (CLEP), Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), and/or Dantes (DSST) coursework only if the applicant would like them to be considered for transfer of credit.
- Submit two recommendations on FHCHS Recommendation Forms. Recommendations from friends or family members are not accepted.
1 Admission GPAs will be calculated based on credits and grades from regionally accredited institutions only.
Associate Degree Graduates
Graduates of regionally accredited associate degree programs with CAAHEP accreditation will be considered to have met associate degree general education and cognate requirements. If ENGL 101 or 102 (or equivalent) were not included in the associate degree. Those courses must be completed within the baccalaureate degree program.