Florida Hospital College of Health Sciences will consider students for graduation and conferral of an Associate of Science degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography when they have met the general College requirements for graduation and accomplish the following:
- Complete a minimum of 76 trimester hours of credit.
- Complete the prescribed course of study for either Option A or B with a minimum GPA of 2.00.
- Achieve a minimum overall GPA of 2.00 in general education courses with a minimum grade of “C” (2.00) in all cognates1 and a minimum grade of “C+” (2.30) in all sonography courses.
- Achieve a minimum of 79% on each of the following mock registry examinations administered by program faculty prior to graduation:
- Option A: Ultrasound Physics, Abdomen, OB/Gyn;
- Option B: Ultrasound Physics, Echocardiography, Vascular Technology.
- Complete a minimum of 50 hours of credit in residence at FHCHS before graduation.
- Complete the service-learning requirement. Please refer to your program handbook for more information.
1 Cognates are defined as Anatomy and Physiology, Sectional Anatomy, Medical Terminology, and Pathophysiology.