The Academic Forgiveness Policy permits students to request before or during their first trimester of enrollment that FHCHS disregard all of their previous college-level academic work. Academic Forgiveness is available for transfer credit only and is not an option for non-degree or transient students. A student who is granted Academic Forgiveness will have his or her General College Admission Status granted, based on his or her admission GPA. Academic Forgiveness may only be invoked once and is non-reversible. To request Academic Forgiveness, the student must do the following:
- Meet with the Director of Enrollment Services to review the admission GPA.
- Meet with his or her advisor to discuss Academic Forgiveness and to review the admission GPA from Enrollment Services.
- Submit a typed request (minimum one full page) along with the signed Petition for Academic Forgiveness to the Office of the Registrar.
Students who have been granted Academic Forgiveness will:
- Be unable to apply for degree program admission until they have completed 24 hours of college-level credits at FHCHS. Twelve of the 24 credits may be earned through CLEP or challenge exams. Only CLEP hours are transferable.
- Be required to meet with their academic advisor before registering for courses.
The academic progress of these students will be monitored each trimester by the Academic Review Committee.
Although no coursework from previous colleges will be transferred or considered for admission to a degree program, all transcripts must be submitted before the program admission deadline. Students who have completed 24 or more college-level hours at another regionally accredited college or university will not be required to take the ACT.