Transient Students from Another Institution
Students seeking degrees at another college or university who wish to enroll at FHCHS for one trimester are classified as non-degree seeking. In order to register as a transient student, the official transient form(s) from the student’s current institution verifying eligibility must be submitted to the Office of Enrollment Services.
Transient students who have not been previously enrolled at FHCHS, must submit an FHCHS Application with their verification document(s) to the Office of Enrollment Services.
- Registration as a transient student does not imply acceptance to FHCHS or to a degree or certificate program.
- Financial Aid is not available to transient students.
- Transient students are subject to add/drop policies that apply to FHCHS students.
- Prerequisite coursework (if required) must be successfully completed before enrolling in the desired course(s).
- Transient students may be asked to submit official transcripts to verify successful completion of prerequisite courses.
FHCHS Students Transient at Another Institution
Currently enrolled FHCHS students wishing to enroll in courses at another institution must meet the following conditions:
- Have regular academic standing.
- The institution at which the student wishes to take the transient course(s) must be regionally accredited.
- Residency requirements for FHCHS must still be met. (Refer to the Residency Requirements.)
- Prerequisite coursework must be successfully completed for the desired course.
- Students must not exceed the FHCHS approved course load. (Refer to the Course Load Policy.)
A Transient Letter may be issued for the following reasons:
- The required course cannot be completed at FHCHS by graduation.
- FHCHS students residing outside Seminole, Orange, or Osceola counties wishing to complete courses in their home town during the summer trimester (does not apply to Distance Education students).
- A required course is offered at a time that would present an undue burden for the student.
Process for Granting Transient Status
- Complete the Petition for Transient Letter.
- Submit the course description(s) with the Petition for Transient Letter to the Office of the Registrar at least 15 business days before the start of the trimester.
If the student's request is approved, the student will be mailed a copy of the transient letter. If the request is denied, the student will be mailed notification of denial.
An approved Petition for Transient Status is valid for the requested term only.
Transfer of Credit for Transient Courses
FHCHS will only accept the credit hours earned from transient courses with a minimum grade of “C” (2.00)1. Quality points from transient courses are not recorded on the FHCHS transcript. Therefore, credits earned at another institution will not affect the FHCHS cumulative GPA.
- Students must request that an official transcript with a record of the completed course be sent to FHCHS for evaluation and transfer.
- Transferred credit must meet the guidelines under the Transfer of Credit Policy.
- Students may look online at my.FHCHS.edu, to view transferred courses.
1 Only courses approved for transient status are eligible for transfer of credit evaluation.