All students of Florida Hospital College of Health Sciences must fulfill competencies1 in general education courses by enrolling in a variety of courses including English, math, religion, computer science, social sciences, humanities, history, and health and natural sciences. Upon graduation, all students will be able to demonstrate:
- A fundamental understanding of Christian principles;
- Quantitative skills and the ability to apply these skills to real-life situations;
- Basic computational skills required for their educational programs;
- An ability to communicate effectively in written and oral English language;
- An understanding of the application of the natural sciences;
- An understanding of the fundamental constructs of one behavioral science;
- The ability to apply the basic skills of computer use in their personal, educational, and professional life;
- An understanding of the benefits of a healthy and physically active lifestyle;
- An understanding of the complex social and psychological environment.
1The Measure of Academic Progress and Proficiency (MAPP) will be used to assess general education competencies.