All Adventist University of Health Sciences electronic communication systems, including, but not limited to facsimiles, computers, network file servers, network or system peripherals, computer data and program files, Internet, and software available to students are the property of Adventist University of Health Sciences and are intended for academic use only. It is important to remember that access to the Internet and shared system resources is a privilege and not a right.
In accordance with the Christian values of the institution, the following regulations apply to all ADU students regarding the use of the aforementioned systems. University Administration reserves the right to define and enforce the policies below:
- ADU prohibits the illegal duplication of software and documentation. Software may not be installed on ADU computers or networks without the approval of an appropriate University representative.
- Students are not permitted to use any code or password issued to another student or faculty member in order to access, view, or retrieve information from any computer, network file server, network or system peripheral, e-mail account, Internet site, computer or program file, either inside or outside the University's network system. You agree and understand that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of passwords associated with any account you use to access the University services. Accordingly, you agree that you will be solely responsible for all activities that occur under your account. If you become aware of any unauthorized use of your password or of your account, you agree to notify the University IT Department immediately at 407-303-8100.
- Students shall not gain or attempt to gain access to any electronic communication, e-mail account, and Internet sites, either inside or outside the University's network system without specific authority or rights to such access. This includes any unauthorized and illegal peer-to-peer file sharing. (Florida Statutes, Title XLVI, Chapter 815, Section 815.04, H.R. 4137).
- Students shall have no expectation of privacy regarding computer files, e-mail, or Internet usage. ADU reserves the right to monitor all computer files, e-mail and Internet use without prior notice to the student.
- ADU may restrict or discontinue access to some or all Internet and/or network resources at any time without prior notice to students.
- Students shall not download, view, store, or forward obscene, offensive, or illegal materials.
- ADU prohibits the use of computers, Internet access, or any other electronic communication system in ways that are disruptive, offensive, or harmful to others. This misuse shall include, but is not limited to, ethnic slurs, racial comments, off-color jokes or anything which may be construed as harassment, disrespect of others or may lead to the creation of a hostile educational environment.
- ADU prohibits its students from using its electronic communications system for commercial gain or profit or as an advertising medium for any non-Adventist University interest.
- While ADU makes every attempt to insure that systems are fully functional and error-free, it does not provide a guarantee or warrantee of any kind regarding system reliability.
- ADU does not provide a guarantee or warrantee of any kind that any information obtained from its electronic communications system is correct and free of errors.
- ADU is not responsible for any personal damage as a result of loss of data, inaccuracy of data, delays in processing of data or non-delivery of data over its electronic communications system.
- ADU prohibits the use of its electronic communications system for any illegal activity.