- Academic Calendar
- General Information
- Admission Information
- Applying to Adventist University of Health Sciences
- Background Check Requirement
- Post-Baccalaureate Admission Requirements
- Graduate General College Admission Requirements
- English Language Proficiency
- Graduate General College Enrollment Interruption
- Health and Immunization Requirements
- Program Deposit
- Readmission after Unsuccessful Progression in a Degree Program
- Academic Information
- Academic Support
- Financial Information
- Financial Aid
- Department of Health and Biomedical Sciences
- Department of Nurse Anesthesia
- Department of Occupational Therapy
- Course Descriptions
Adventist University of Health Sciences (ADU) requires all new students to complete a background check before registering for the first time. This information is needed for participation in Service-Learning projects and in clinical settings. The student is responsible for all costs incurred during this process.
Students should refer to www.adu.edu/enrollment/admission/backgroundchecks for information on how to complete this process. A background check registration hold will be placed for all students upon acceptance and will not be removed until the online report is received directly from the company. The student does not need to provide a copy unless one is requested. Background check reports from other sources will not be accepted.
Only one background check is required per degree for students unless they are not admitted to a professional program within two years of completing the first background check. If it has been more than two years, students will be required to complete a second background check. Adventist University alumni from one program will be required to complete a new background check, if they pursue another degree.