Prospective students will be considered for Regular admission status when they submit all that apply:
- Application and $20 fee
- Paperwork received without an application on file will not be processed.
- Present evidence of high school graduation with a standard diploma (at minimum) from a regionally accredited high school. Applicants who have not graduated from a regionally accredited high school, including those who have been home schooled, refer to the checklist for “High School Students from a Non-Regionally Accredited School or Home Schooled Students“ or “GED diploma recipeints” for more details.
- Applicants with 60 or more college-level credits from a regionally accredited college are exempt from submitting high school transcripts.
- Official transcripts from all regionally accredited colleges.
- Please refer to the Academic Bulletin for the transfer of credit policy.
- Adventist University no longer accepts hand-delivered transcripts in a sealed envelope. All transcripts must be sent directly to us from the educational institution to be considered official.
- Submit American College Test (ACT) or Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) scores. Scores will be used for placement and advising and not to determine admission status.
- Applicants with 24 or more college-level credits from a regionally accredited college are exempt from taking the ACT or SAT.
A transcript is considered official when stamped with the official school seal, signed by the appropriate school official, and received in a sealed envelope. Recommendation forms, as well as official transcripts and career essays received with a ADU application, will be retained for one year while applications received without an official transcript(s), career essays and recommendation forms will be retained for six months.
- Minimum unweighted high school GPA of 2.50.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50 (on a 4.00 scale) on all college-level academic work.
- Applicants with 12 or more college-level credits from a regionally accredited college are exempt from the minimum high school GPA requirement, only the cumulative college GPA will be used for admission purposes.
- 1998 Series: A minimum score of 50 on each section of the test with an average score of 60 overall (for a minimum total score of 250)
- 2002 Series: A minimum score of 410 on each section of the test with an average score of 500 overall (for a minimum total score of 2500).