When will my credits be transferred in?
Transfer of credits is done within 3 weeks once your file is received from the Enrollment Services Office. Files are sent over when you are accepted to the University and all paperwork has been received.
What will transfer in?
- The Office of the Registrar will transfer credits from regionally accredited schools.
- For Main Campus and Denver Site: Math, Science, and Computer Science courses transfer within 5 years of acceptance to ADU. All other General Education courses transfer within 7 years, or if encapsulated within a degree. Each program may require different time limits. Please be sure to review your program's guidelines for additional transfer information.
- There are no time limits for courses transferred into the Distance Education Completion programs, except for Microcomputers, which must be taken within 5 years of starting our RN-BSN Completion Program.
- The Transfer Evaluation System can help you see how your courses will transfer to Adventist University of Health Sciences.
What if I took a course that was not transferred in?
- Please send a message via the My Academic Resource System (MARS) with the course name, course code, and complete name of the school at which you received credit for the course. The Office of the Registrar will review your transcript for equivalency.
- In some cases additional information may be required on a course that may be transferrable. In that case, the Office of the Registrar will send you a message via the My Academic Resource System (MARS) messaging board requesting one or more of the following: Course syllabus, course description from the catalog during the year you took the course, and/or a copy of the front cover of the course catalog from the year you completed the course.
To see the complete ADU Transfer Credit Policy please visit Academic Bulletin.