- Academic Calendar
- General Information
- Undergraduate Academic Bulletin
- Campus Admission Information
- Distance Admission Information
- Academic Information
- Educational Philosophy
- Degree Requirements - Undergraduate
- General Education Requirements
- General Degree Requirements: Associate of Science
- General Degree Requirements: Bachelor of Science
- Communication Requirements
- Graduation Honors
- Definition of a Major
- Double Major Policy
- Definition of a Minor
- Minor Policy
- Service Learning Requirements for Graduation
- Policies and Procedures - Undergraduate
- International Student Regulations
- Graduate Academic Bulletin
- Financial Information
- Financial Aid
- Department of Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Department of Health and Biomedical Sciences
- Department of Nurse Anesthesia
- Department of Nursing
- Department of Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Department of Radiologic Sciences
- Course Descriptions
Certificate, Associate, Bachelor's, and Master's of Science degrees are conferred three times a year at the end of each trimester. Graduation ceremonies are held at the end of the fall and spring trimesters.
All incomplete, deferred, and missing grades must be resolved before a student can graduate. Students have the option to graduate with a double major (refer to the Double Major Policy section).
All students must submit a Graduation Application to initiate the graduation process. These applications are available on the University website. Students anticipating completion of degree requirements must file this form with the Office of the Registrar by the date indicated on the form. Failure to meet the deadline will result in being unable to participate in the graduation ceremony and register for his or her last term. Please contact the Office of the Registrar for more information.
All degree candidates are encouraged to participate in the graduation ceremonies. A graduation fee (see the Fee Schedule section) will be assessed the last trimester students are in attendance before completing their degree requirements.
Students who have received Federal Stafford Loans while enrolled at ADU will need to complete exit loan counseling before receiving their diploma or transcript.
Students completing degree requirements at the end of the summer and fall trimesters should participate in the fall ceremony. Students completing degree requirements at the end of the spring trimester should participate in the spring ceremony.
Students who plan to complete degree requirements at the end of the summer trimester may participate in the preceding spring graduation ceremony under the following policies:
- At the time of graduation, the student may not have more than 12 credits pending.
- The outstanding credits must be completed by the last day of final exams during the summer trimester immediately following the spring graduation ceremony.
- If students fail to complete the degree requirements by the end of the summer trimester, a fee equal to 50% of the current graduation fee will be assessed to cover additional processing costs.
- Students who are pending completion of degree requirements will not be eligible for graduation honors1.
- Students will not be eligible to participate in any other graduation ceremony for the conferral of the same degree.
- Incomplete, deferred, and missing grades must be resolved before the degree can be conferred.
1 Graduates of Occupational Therapy Assistant and Nuclear Medicine Technology programs are eligible for graduation honors.