- Academic Calendar
- General Information
- Undergraduate Academic Bulletin
- Graduate Academic Bulletin
- Financial Information
- Financial Aid
- Financial Assistance General Information
- Financial Aid Application Deadlines
- Rights and Responsibilities of Financial Aid Recipients
- Fund Disbursements
- Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) for Financial Aid
- Financial Aid Refund Policies
- Academic Transcript Request Policy for Student Loan Borrowers in Default
- Federal Financial Aid Programs
- FHCHS Scholarships
- Additional Scholarship Information
- Federal Loan Counseling
- Veteranâ€™s Certification
- State Financial Aid Programs
- Department of Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Department of Health and Biomedical Sciences
- Department of Nurse Anesthesia
- Department of Nursing
- Department of Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Department of Radiologic Sciences
- Course Descriptions
This scholarship program (CDDV) provides scholarships for dependent children or unremarried spouses of Florida veterans or servicemembers who died as a result of service-connected injuries, diseases, or disabilities sustained while on active duty or who have been verified by the Florida Department of Veterans' Affairs as having service-connected 100% permanent and total disabilities. The program also provides funds for dependent children whose parent is classified as a prisoner of war or missing in action by the Armed Forces of the United States or as civilian personnel captured while serving with the consent or authorization of the United States Government during wartime service. Funds are for tuition and registration fees.
The student (or their parents if the student is a dependent) must be a Florida resident for a minimum of twelve consecutive months prior to the beginning of the fall term for which funds are requested. The date will be listed on the online financial aid system. Students must be U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens, be enrolled for a minimum of 6 credits by the end of the drop/add period. The student can not have a prior Bachelor's degree, be in default, or owe a repayment on any federal or state grants or loans.
Students apply by completing the FAFSA by April 1 and ensuring that the Florida Department of Veterans Affairs certifies the applicant's eligibility by April 1.
To receive CDDV for the following school year, the student must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00 and earned 6 credit hours for the number of terms for which the award was received.